Storms Never Last

Storms never last do they baby
Bad times all pass with the wind
Your hand in mine stills the thunder
And you make the sun want to shine.
- Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sorta Better Today

Tuesday July 24, 2012

My babies Shelby and Dalton,

I always refer to you that way as that was your birth order.  Just like I always have to place your things in the "correct order" in my minds eye.  I always put Shelby's things on the left and Dalton's on the right as that was how you were in my womb.  I found out Samuel and Gabriel's mom does the same thing.  Must be a twin thing.

Today was slightly better than yesterday.  I went to get the car serviced, then had quite a bit of time before meeting my friend for lunch, so I went to Tempe Marketplace.  The JCPenney didn't open until 10, so I then drove over past Target but didn't really feel like going in there.  Ulta wasn't open until 10 either, but I noticed Ross was open, so I went in there to look for baby clothes for the project we're doing for the MISS Foundation International Random Acts of Kindness Day this Friday.  I really don't care for Ross, never shop there and always feel icky walking in there.  I sorted through the racks and found several multi-packs of onesies.  I picked out several, then I circled again and there was the most unbelievable item hanging on the rack ~ a University of Texas Longhorns onesie.  I couldn't believe it!  Given our location, I would not have been at all surprised if it were ASU or U of A, but a Longhorn onesie?!?!?  REALLY?!  I of course snatched it up.  It was only $1.99!!  I really think it was a little sign from y'all that you liked what we're planning to do for Friday.  I know neither your Daddy nor I went to UT, but I just can't explain why I like UT so much, but once I moved from Texas, I LOVE the Longhorns.  Maybe it's because I love Bevo so much, he's the most beautiful longhorn and such a gorgeous symbol of our state.  Your Daddy just doesn't understand it, but he doesn't have to.  In our house, you would have learned all about Allison logic.  It's what Daddy calls it when I get my mind stuck on something having to be a certain way, and although it defies all rational thought, it MUST happen or be done that way.

Short post today, but just checking in with you and sending my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment